PARTY OF ONE: Ways to Beat Valentine’s Day Stress
February 13, 2016
February 13, 2016
Here’s the third step in getting your focus off of the stressful demands that we overspend, overeat, and overemphasize sensuality on a particular calendar date. Let’s start a new conversation about how to have a party of one…YOU! We are all in relationship with ourselves, and we spend more time with ourselves than with anyone else on earth. If you want to respect yourself, and feel great while doing it, you need to be good to yourself. No one else can do these things for you.
Step 1 was Take Care of Your Body!
Step 2. Take Care of Your Mind! Today’s step . . .
Step 3. Take Care of Your Soul!
- Much of the stress in our lives is caused by interpersonal drama, or from the natural consequences of associating with the wrong people.
- At Valentine’s Day, we are sometimes pressured into spending time with old flames, new dates, or others that we don’t have any business spending time with. This inevitably causes emotional stress.
- It has been said that you are more than what you eat, what you read, how much you exercise, or how much you sleep. You are a sum total of the people with whom you associate.
- You eventually become like the people you hang around. If they are cynical and negative, you will become that way. If they are healthy and sound, you will become that way as well.
- When we choose to part company with bad company (or unproductive relationships), we aren’t being snobbish or judgmental. We are protecting ourselves from becoming that person we don’t want to become.
- Sometimes we pay more attention to what we eat than the persons we eat with. This isn’t such a good idea, because the folks we hang out with are directly linked to the person we become.
- When our souls are at rest, then our bodies are less stressed!
Tomorrow . . . Step 4